Picture Title

Smokey Mountain National Park, Newfound Gap

Number of Visitors

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Kick back day (Statesville-NC)

 

On the 23 of April we took a drive up Skyline Drive in the Shenandoah NP.  The Visitor’s Center was still closed for the season.  We entered the park about half way up Skyline Drive, we headed north for about 30 miles.  That may not seem a lot but because it is a scenic drive and the speed limit is only 35 MPH it took about 3 hours with all of the stops at the overlooks.  It was a sunny warm day but hazy, as you can from the pictures.

Yesterday we left Standardsville, VA and headed south on RT 29 to I-40 west to Statesville, NC.  After roaming around the country side on all the back roads looking for a camp site.  I had to make a very sharp U turn.  When I did I scratched the camper and crushed one of the connectors on the cable from the truck to the camper for the cameras.  I tried to get the connector locally, but not to be had.  I called the company that made the camera system and ordered the entire cable from them.  They are shipping it to the camp site in Marion, NC where we will be staying for the rally.

I cannot get the satellite to lock in.  There seem to be trees in the way.  I asked them to cut the trees down but for some reason, they refused.  So I am sitting here with only internet.  They have WiFi and I have my Air Card.  Both work.  The sacrifices we have to make in this life!!

Tomorrow morning we leave for the 80 mile trip to the rally, so it should be an easy drive.

To be Continued …

No comments:

Post a Comment