Picture Title

Smokey Mountain National Park, Newfound Gap

Number of Visitors

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Where the Buffalo Roam (West Yellowstone, MT)

 

We are here just outside of Yellowstone NP in the town of West Yellowstone.  Yellowstone NP is mostly in Wyoming, but a small portion is in Montana.  We are staying in a Forest Service Campground called Bakers Hole, it is just north of West Yellowstone.  It is a great little campground and with our Golden Age pass, we get a site with electric for $14 a night.

Now for my tale of woe.  When we left the Tetons I dumped our tanks and pulled forward to fill up our fresh water tank.  After filling the tank I went to pull out and heard a crunch.  I said “self, this is not good” and as usual I was right. I had pulled forward had hit a post and took out the dump valve manifold.  Which meant I could not dump my black and gray tanks.  The valves for each of these tanks were ok, but I had no way to dump the tanks.

The good news is the parts are common plumbing and RV parts.  The bad new is I am in West Yellowstone, not a great place to purchase parts.  I called the factory and they had the parts.  I had them ship them overnight.  Unfortunately, there is no early delivery to West Yellowstone.  The parts did not arrive until 7 PM the next day.  Not bad for $90.  At least I received the parts.  Today I put the manifold together and  now I can dump.   Now back to business of seeing Yellowstone.

We spent a full day touring Yellowstone.  Here are just a few of the pictures of wildlife we came across.

These are pictures of the Paint Pots.

And, of course, we cannot go to Yellowstone without Old Faithfull.  Old Faithful looks just the same as it did years ago – HGB do you remember being here!?

More to come of Yellowstone as we definitely did not see everything.

That’s it for now as I am sitting at a McDonalds and the battery is running low on the computer.

Hopefully I will have some videos in the next blog.

Life is Great on the Roan Road…

No comments:

Post a Comment