Picture Title

Smokey Mountain National Park, Newfound Gap

Number of Visitors

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Notes From Ann (Dubai, UAE)

 

First, a note to Roy and Evan - Evelyn is the cutest!!!  Wait until you meet her in person - she will melt your hearts!

Evelyn Brody 4 weeks (19 of 22)Evelyn Brody 4 weeks (21 of 22)

For those of you who don't know my whereabouts, I have been in Dubai for the past two and a half weeks.  After Evelyn was born,  Andrew and Caroline called and asked if I could come over to be an extra  pair of hands taking care of Evelyn.  So, what does any good grandmother do?  Quickly packs her bags,(leaves Grandpa Roy in Kansas, overseeing some work on our camper),  two days and several plane rides later, arrives in Dubai.

So, here I am.  My day is spent helping Caroline take care of Evelyn and the days have flown.

My hat goes off to Caroline and Andrew.  They are great parents.

Dubai is like any big city: lots of highways (with several lanes in each direction), tall buildings both commercial and residential; private homes; all the fast food restaurants you can thinks of; in the supermarket they have the same brands (i.e. Glad Bags) that are in the US.  Many major companies (Microsoft) have offices here.

Andrew and Caroline's apartment overlooks the Arabian Gulf.  Beautiful.  Watching the sunset over the gulf is awesome!  

Since it is summer here. it is VERY HOT!  The other day we all went to the consulate to apply for Evelyn's passport, it was a mere 109 degrees and humid!

I have been out a few times.  Twice to take Evelyn to the doctor (all is well), once to the MOE (Mall of the Emirates) which is just like any other mall-lots of stores that I knew, and no, I didn't buy anything.  Last week Andrew took me to dinner at the Atlantis Hotel - wow what a place!  Lots of stores (including Tiffany's) and an aquarium.  Dinner was delicious and we had a great time.  The rest of the time we spend in the air conditioned apartment.

Evelyn is a real cutie, growing everyday.

I will be back soon. 

Hugs to All

P.S. Happy Birthday to Lucy, Mikey, Beverly and Andrew.

No comments:

Post a Comment