Picture Title

Smokey Mountain National Park, Newfound Gap

Number of Visitors

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Back to Atlanta (Atlanta, GA)


We are back in Atlanta for a couple of weeks.  Relaxing, doing the tourist thing and a doctor’s appointment.  When were last in Atlanta my left knee was bothering me.  We called the doctor that operated on Ann’s hip for an appointment.  After he took X-rays, guess what.  Arthritis.  Sucks getting old.  The doctor gave me a shot of Cortisone.  Well it helped some but not as much as I hoped.  So I called him back and was told I will need  a gel shot.  Whatever that is. So here we are back in Atlanta to get my left knee tuned up.
Catch up again.
While staying in Tupelo, MS we went to the Civil War Interpretative Center. It is run by the National Park Service and is about 10 years old.  We think the National Park Service again out did themselves (Note Ann has rated this her favorite Visitors Center).  The interactive displays, and movies about two civil war battles, the Battle of Shiloh and the Battle of Corinth

 We left Tupelo for Atlanta on Thursday.  We made the 300 mile trip in one day, arriving in Atlanta about 5 PM.  We would have gotten to the campsite earlier except we hit a lot of rush hour traffic.  We relaxed and did some shopping.
On Sunday we went to downtown Atlanta.  It was great.   No traffic and no problem parking.  I really like this city.   it is clean, modern and easy to get around.
Our first stop was the Wonderful World of Coke.  It was very well done.  It just irks me to pay for their advertisement.  You would not believe the amount of STUFF they sell in the gift shop with the Coke logo.

After we finished trying 100 flavors of Coke “BURP”. We went next door to the Atlanta Aquarium.  Also very well done.  At first I didn’t want to go, but I was glad we went.

Atlanta Aquarium

Life is Great on the Roan Road…

No comments:

Post a Comment