Picture Title

Smokey Mountain National Park, Newfound Gap

Number of Visitors

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Boy is it Cold (Bushnell, FL)

 

I keep getting these “Freeze Warnings” on my smartphone.  This is Florida, it ain’t supposed to happen here!  Although it does warm up to the 60’s during the day.

We revisited Savannah, GA.   Last time we were here we took one of the Trolley Tours.  We really did not care for the tour.  This time we met our friends and fellow New Horizon owners, Madeline and Jerry, at the visitor’s center by chance.  The four of us decided to take a waking tour together.  Savannah is known for it’s many parks.  The four of us took the free trolley that goes around the city and did a walking tour of the parks.  Afterward we had a great lunch at Anna’s at the City Market.

Next we visited Hilton Head, SC.  We have mixed feelings about Hilton Head.  First stop was the Coastal Discovery Museum.  We completely enjoyed the experience. 

The part we did not like, was when we decided to take ride to the Hilton Head Lighthouse.  It is in a part of the town called Harbor Town.  I plugged in the address into the GPS and off we went through some very nice neighborhoods.  Then we turned a corner and came to a gate house with a guard.  I politely said that I just wanted to visit the lighthouse.  “OK”, he said, “because you have a dual wheel truck, that will be $25.”  Ok, so that is $25 for the privilege of driving through their precious street and then the admission fee to the lighthouse.  I DON’T THINK SO.  I said “ thank you very much” and made a U turn and left.  We drove to the end of the street in Hilton Head and turned around.  So you can see I was not impressed.

Here is a photo I downloaded from the internet of the lighthouse.  The one I never got to see.

Harbour_Town_July_2007

Nice picture, too bad I did not take it.

On the bright side, Ann picked out a great restaurant outside of the town called Hudson’s Seafood House where we had a great lunch.  Good choice, Ann. 

Once more.  Life is really great on the Roan Road…

No comments:

Post a Comment