Picture Title

Smokey Mountain National Park, Newfound Gap

Number of Visitors

Sunday, October 2, 2016

ABQ Balloon Festival (Albuquerque, NM)

 

First a Happy and Healthy New Year to all our family and friends.  It is now 5777!  We are having our holiday dinner here.  The Brisket is made and gefilte fish and horseradish ready!

As you may have noticed I have been using Facebook more and more to post where we are. 

There are too many pictures and videos right now to put it on Facebook.  So I am using the Blog. 

For the most part I will use Facebook and on occasion I will use the Blog for pictures.   If you want to keep up with Roan on the Road.  If we are not Facebook friends, please send me a friend request.  Thanks.

We are now at the Albuquerque Balloon Festival, dry camping with the Escapees Boomers group.  Dry camping for those of you who are not RVers, is being off the grid.  No water, no sewer or electric connections.  We carry our own fresh water and store the sewer water until we can dump it.  We have solar and a generator for electricity. 

There are hundreds of Balloons, of all shapes and size, from all over the world.

It all starts before Dawn.  We were up and on the field before 5:30AM!

Before Dawn (2 of 5)Before Dawn (3 of 5)Before Dawn (1 of 5)Before Dawn (4 of 5)

Before Dawn (5 of 5)

Dawn Patrol (1 of 1)

This is the Dawn Patrol.   They launch fist to test the winds.

Then all the rest Launch!!

Mass Ascension

 Mass Ascension (1 of 5) Mass Ascension (2 of 5) Mass Ascension (3 of 5) Mass Ascension (4 of 5) Mass Ascension (5 of 5)

All of these pictures were taken right in front of our RV. 

Note, the special shape balloon pictures are for Evelyn!!!!!!!!!!!!

Special Shapes

Darth Vader

Special Shape Balloons (1 of 11)Darth Vader (1 of 1)

Yoda

Special Shape Balloons (2 of 11)

Keystone Cop chasing Con for Con artist (I call him Trump)

Keystone cop (1 of 1)

 

Wells Fargo Stage Coach (I think they are getting out of town)

Special Shape Balloons (5 of 11)

Dragon

Special Shape Balloons (4 of 11)

Butterfly

Special Shape Balloons (7 of 11)

Smokey

Special Shape Balloons (11 of 11)

Miss Court Jester

Special Shape Balloons (10 of 11)

Yoda landing in front of our RV

Yoda Landing (1 of 1)

More videos to come tomorrow

Life is Great on the Roan Road…

1 comment:

  1. Halo,I'm Helena Julio from Ecuador,I want to talk good about Le_Meridian Funding Service on this topic.Le_Meridian Funding Service gives me financial support when all bank in my city turned down my request to grant me a loan of 500,000.00 USD, I tried all i could to get a loan from my banks here in Ecuador but they all turned me down because my credit was low but with god grace I came to know about Le_Meridian so I decided to give a try to apply for the loan. with God willing they grant me  loan of 500,000.00 USD the loan request that my banks here in Ecuador has turned me down for, it was really awesome doing business with them and my business is going well now. Here is Le_Meridian Funding Investment Email/WhatsApp Contact if you wish to apply loan from them.Email:lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com / lfdsloans@outlook.comWhatsApp Contact:+1-989-394-3740.

    ReplyDelete