Picture Title

Smokey Mountain National Park, Newfound Gap

Number of Visitors

Thursday, May 27, 2010

New Satellite Antenna

When I bought the coach it came with a Winegard Moving View satellite antenna.

IMG_0642s

The Moving View is not setup for HDTV.  One cannot  Rough it without HDTV.  I tried to get it to work on regular TV but all it did is keep searching for a satellite but could not lock in on one.

I purchased the Winegard SK-1000 that is setup for Dish service.

Since I already have an account with Dish TV at home I just purchased a new receiver and set it up in the coach. When it comes time to Full Time, I will just transfer my boxes at home to the Camper as well as the Dish account.

This model dish has 3 LNBs to lock in on 3 different satellites at the same time, so it can get all HD channels.  We also ran another cable to the bedroom where there will be another TV.  Hi def of course!

IMG_0659

IMG_0661

The Antenna is amazing.  After powering it up, it raised itself, spun around a few times, twisted its head, searched for the proper satellites and locked right on.

HDTV, Satellite TV, Internet, Hot and Cold running water, shower, and refrigerator for chilled wine.  Life is going to be Rough on the Road for a homeless couple!

No comments:

Post a Comment