Picture Title

Smokey Mountain National Park, Newfound Gap

Number of Visitors

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Relaxing Day (Atlanta–GA)

 

Today we took a day off.  Woke up around 7am ate breakfast and just did nothing until noon.  After lunch we took a trip to Camping World to get a water filter, a small refillable propane tank for the grill and a map of the US.  The map is an outline of the US with all of the states.  It goes on the side of the camper.  As you travel across the states you fill in the states that you stay in.  You cannot count the states that you just drive through.

IMG_1453 

Yesterday we had our first major major problem.  The main satellite box that is the DVR started to turn itself off.  I let it cool down and it worked for a while but then it would not work at all.  This is the box I took from the house with all of our recorded shows   Since we are not at home, I could not call Dish for a replacement.  That means that there is no TV in the Roan.  OMG.  Not to worry,  I took the satellite box from the bedroom and moved it to the living room.  Now I have TV in the living room.  For $40 and a USB drive you can convert the box to a DVR. So that is what I did.

I am sure you all feel better now.  Major catastrophe averted.  I can sleep tonight knowing I can record my shows and not have to watch the commercials.

To be Continued…

1 comment:

  1. I am not sure what is more funny, the catastrophe itself or that fact you wrote "OMG" I love the map!

    Sounds like you are having a wonderful time. Stay safe! Happy Mommy's day Ann!

    ReplyDelete