Picture Title

Smokey Mountain National Park, Newfound Gap

Number of Visitors

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

What a Difference a Day Makes (Beaver, UT)

 

Remember a few blogs ago I was complaining and sniveling how 102 degrees is hot.  Well, we just pulled into a campsite in Beaver, UT.  And again I am not complaining, but it is 58 degrees.  Again I am not complaining, but it is COLD.  Of course it is 226 miles north and 3500 ft higher in elevation than Las Vegas.  It is also greener than Las Vegas. 

Beaver, UT is the birthplace of Philo T. Farnsworth and Butch Cassidy.  I am sure you know who Butch Cassidy was,  but how many of you know who Philo T. Farnsworth was.  I do.  He was the inventor of the Television.

Tomorrow we are going to explore the area, so stay close to your computer for the next installment of Roan on the Road.

Even so… Life is great on the Roan Road….

1 comment:

  1. you should swing by provo and see Cathleen and then go to sundance

    ReplyDelete